Sunday, November 7, 2010

Green chile

Hi! Even though we went to a wonderful, big brunch with my folks and Roxanne after church today, I made a big pot of green chili (chile?) tonight. It is great to freeze and eat anytime in all kinds of ways. Chile rellenos are one of my favorite dishes. I had a few bags of roasted chiles from the Farmer's Market, so I spent a good part of the evening washing, cleaning and chopping chiles. I took a pic of my pile of green chiles after I washed all the black/burned skins off and was preparing to remove the seeds. We ate bowls of it with some montery jack cheese, sour cream and tortillas. Yum!

4 comments:

  1. Cool picture, the chiles are so green!

    I admire you doing that, I did that once with farmer's market chiles and jalepenos and swore I would buy canned from then on out after spending so long chopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I should have stayed another night and come over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! And to me it is red chili and green chile ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only made it that way once, but with the number of pepper varieties I used in it, it was more of a red/green/yellow/orange chili. Odd looking, but delicious.

    ReplyDelete