Monday, December 13, 2010

Fish Drawing

 I entered 6 drawings into the Western Spirit Art Show this year (I got two paintings in last year) and only had one get accepted. Still, competition for that show is very high, so I was thrilled to get a piece in. The drawback...the drawing was one I currently have in the Fort Collins gallery and someone had come in earlier in the week saying they wanted to buy it. So, I either take it out of the gallery and possibly miss the sale, or leave it in the gallery and miss out on the show (and possibly never have the guy come back to get it). I ended up driving down to FoCo to get it and left the guy who was interested another fish painting and my card. Lots of drama for one drawing, which I didn't even think was half as good as my other entries. Oh, well. Here is "Circling Cutthroats" after I brought it home. You can see my reflection in the glass...

No comments:

Post a Comment