Saturday, October 9, 2010

Goats

I went on my first antelope hunt all day Saturday! I got lots of pictures but this was my favorite up-close shot. This wasn't one of the bucks we got. It is very different than deer hunting since antelope are very fast and can see you coming from far away. You basically drive around, try to spot a group, identify the buck, and sneak up without them seeing you (which is very difficult). My dad and uncle both got their animals though, so we had a very successful day. Once the antelope is down, they dress, ice  and tag them immediately. I never have a problem going hunting because I think it is good to know where your food is from, and my family takes very good care of the animals and the meat. Plus, I love eating wild meat...no steriods, no antibiotics, and all grass-fed. It was organic before there was such a thing as organic. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting pictures of live animals after a hunting trip, not those awful ones of dead ones with their tongues hanging out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You grew up in Southern Wyoming and had never been antelope hunting? I'm kind of amazed. I remember many frustrating pronghorn hunts, spending an hour slowly sneaking around a hill in a crouch only to watch them run off at a million miles per hour as soon as we got within range.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did have some dead animal pictures, but I assure you they were artsy. And yes, it was certainly not easy.

    ReplyDelete